The final term is devoted to the degree project. Outlines for
degree projects are similar to the outlines for course projects as
described above, but are always carried out individually. That
means that between 25 and 35 different projects will be running
consecutively with different companies.
Each student chooses and defines the project to be worked on and
establishes contact and cooperation with a company. Project
definitions are always discussed and refined with the company
concerned. An external professional designer is employed as tutor
during the course of the project. The company participates during
the project when it is relevant for both parties. In several cases
the student has spent periods of time working at the company
concerned. Each student proposes a budget for his or her project to
include costs such as materials, travel and the final exhibition.
The results will be publicized in the form of photographs,
publications, websites, etc.
Detailed descriptions of some of the examination projects can be
seen on Degree Projects Gallery.
Experience from collaboration with industry
Benefit from the student's point of view
- gives students the opportunity to work with interesting and real
- gives students valuable contacts with people in the industry for
Benefit from the industry's point of view
- gives the company a number of very creative design
- project results provide a source of inspiration for regular
- gives the company the opportunity to pick first-rate designers
for future employment
Benefit from the education's point of view
- updated information is brought into the education
- knowledge of the education is spread within the industrial
- number of students employed by industry is increased
If your company or institution is interested to support design
students on their final thesis project, please contact our Chair for